Degree programme advisory committee
Each degree programme has its own degree programme advisory committee, which consists of both students and lecturers. The degree programme advisory committee monitors the quality of education, brings up any bottlenecks for discussion and gives advice about the development and implementation of educational policy.
The duties of the committee are:
- to give advice on the Education and Examination Regulations
- the annual assessment of the manner in which the Education and Examination Regulations are implemented
- when requested or on its own initiative, to give advice to the degree programme board and the Dean about all education-related matters of the degree programme.
The Higher Education and Research Act and the faculty regulations require the degree programme board to hold frequent consultations with the degree programme advisory committee about the course of events in the degree programme; that the committee is given the opportunity to hold consultations with the degree programme board prior to the committee's advice; and that the degree programme board notifies the committee in writing forthwith about the manner in which the advice is followed.
Please find more information on the faculties' websites:
- Faculty of Geosciences
- Faculty of Humanities: the committees of Humanities can be found on the student website at the relevant programme via Contact > Curriculum Committee.
- Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance
- Faculty of Medicine (in Dutch)
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (in Dutch)
- University College Utrecht