The University Council promotes the interests of all employees and students with the Executive Board of Utrecht University. As a regular discussion partner for the Board, the council contributes greatly to the course of the university as a whole, as well as the state of affairs within the university.
The University Council is made up of twelve members of staff and twelve students from all faculties and support services. Every year, students elect new representatives, while members of staff do the same once every two years.
The University Council has divided the topics into three content committees. Each committee consists of four student members and four staff members and has both internal consultations and consultations with the Executive Board. The committees are:
- Finance, Housing, ICT (FHI), including sustainability and privacy;
- Student Affairs & Education, including equality, diversity & inclusion;
- Organisation, Strategy & Research (OSO), including human resources/HR.
Right of consent and right to be consulted
The University Council consults with the Executive Board regarding University-wide policy on teaching, research, finances and human resources. The Council provides the Board with solicited and unsolicited advice, and has the right of consent in certain matters.
In principle, the university council holds plenary meetings with the Executive Board nine times a year. Explanatory and opinion-forming meetings are held in the weeks prior to these. Would you like to follow a meeting? Please check the schedule and contact the the secretaries (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
- The agendas, reports and related documents of council meetings, along with memorandums that were written by the University Council, can be found on the Teamsite (log in with @uu.nl or @students.uu.nl, and again with the same email address and your Solis password). Policy documents addressed to the University Council are either bilingual (English and Dutch) or include an English summary. Impactful documents are always bilingual.
- If you have any questions about these documents, then please read the regulations or contact one of the University Council's secretaries, Anne-Marie Partridge or Sabine Bosveld.
If you want to sign up for the newsletter, then please complete the registration form.
- Visit room 4.46 in the Administration building, Heidelberglaan 8
- Chair: Harmen Binnema
- Secretaries: Anne Marie Partridge, Sabine Bosveld.
- Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 80125
3508 TC Utrecht