Statement of Expense for external parties

Non-staff without a Solis-id may claim expenses. We have an expense claim form available in English. This expense claim form is aimed at natural persons who are not employed by Utrecht University; who do not have a Solis-id; and who are not self-employed.

Click here to go to the expense claim form

The contact person for the Division or Faculty will provide the expense claimant with the WBS element that the expenses must be charged to. The claimant will also need the contact person’s email address, which is to be entered on the form.

The table below lists some of the types of expenses that may be claimed:

Expense types
Other staff recruitment expenses
Guest speaker fees (one-time; half-day)
Monographs / Books
PhD dissertations
Research subject fees
Domestic travel and accommodation expenses
Kilometre expenses
Foreign travel and accommodation expenses
Conference and seminar participation expenses
Printing and reproduction expenses
Food and drinks

Proof of expenses must be attached (PDF, JPG, PNG, Word and Excel documents are permissible). No proof is required to claim kilometre expenses.

Information for suppliers

Helpful documents such as invoice requirements and purchasing conditions, FAQ and chatbot Max can be found on the page Information for suppliers.