Given the pressure on the available teaching rooms due to the corona measures, it is not possible for external parties to use the available rooms of Utrecht University until the end of 2021.
The University Facilities Service Centre hires rooms and venues for meetings and avents at different locations in the city centre and the Utrecht Science Park. The self-service portal can be used to book rooms and venues if you have a Solis-id. If you don't have one you can send an e-mail to FSC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for bookings within opening times: at least two days in advance.
- Deadline for bookings outside opening times: at least two weeks in advance.
Within the university, education is scheduled first and then others can reserve rooms. Education is scheduled at two moments a year. The FSC can then reserve rooms.
- In July we reserve rooms for the period from September to January.
- In December we reserve rooms for the period February to August.
Rules and regulations
- General terms and conditions for room reservations
- House rules
- Events and drinks in and around university buildings are alcohol-free until 5 p.m. on work days (read more)
- From 1 August 2020 the Utrecht University's premises are smoke-free.
Rooms are available to hire in the city centre and Utrecht Science Park. Click the names of the buildings in the menu on the left side of the page for more information.
A range of facilities can be hired along with a room, e.g. audiovisual equipment, audiovisual assistance during the event and furniture. The events coordinator can advise you on this in a personal meeting.
Eurest is the in-house caterer for Utrecht University. In the portal you will find the total range of options, with the corresponding prices.
Activities on the weekend
Do you want to organise an activity on a Saturday? That is possible. You should take into account that this results in extra costs. Namely for:
- a receptionist for opening and closing the building;
- a fire guard for fire safety;
You can call the FSC Service Desk via 030-253 95 95 for more information.