Professors play a crucial role in the development of university education and research. Together with their team, they are responsible for building and expanding a line of research and everything around it. There are different types of professorships. In the memorandum entitled 'Hoofdlijnen Hooglerarenbeleid' (Main lines of professorship policy, pdf) you will find the starting points for our professorship policy.
Who are our professors?
- Professors Faculty of Geosciences
- Professors of the Faculty of Humanities
- Professors of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance
- Professors of the Faculty of Science
- Professors Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Professors Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Professors of the Faculty of Medicine: Professors of the Faculty of Medicine are employed by the University Medical Centre (UMC Utrecht).
Distinguished University professors are appointed by the Executive Board for their cross-disciplinary vision and charisma.
Professors by Special appointment are appointed by an external body to a special chair with the approval of the Executive Board.
Our professors from the foundation in 1636 until today are collected in the catalogue professorum.
Are you (emeritus) professor?
The Utrecht Society of Professors, Emeriti and Partners (PEP) is a university-wide association in which professors, emeriti and their respective partners can meet each other, even outside their own institutes and faculties.