How we are working towards a better world
- 385th Dies Natalis of Utrecht University Last Friday we celebrated the 385th Dies Natalis of our university. This year's Anniversary Day was dedicated to our 77th lustrum. UU and UMCU celebrate 385 years of science in Utrecht together under the heading: Creating tomorrow together.
- Our coronavirus research The coronavirus has an enormous impact on our society. And over a long period of time. We work interdisciplinarily to combat the virus and to find solutions to the social issues that the virus brings with it.
- Towards clearer food labels Allergy information on food labels can be puzzling. An expert group analysed over 300 food labels and is now proposing an improved design for food labels.
- Remote teaching Everywhere, teachers are looking for ways to continue their teaching remotely. We like to share the knowledge and experience we have built up for different types of teaching.
Facts and figures
This year, we celebrate our 385th birthday. Watch our Lustrum programme.
Our students appreciate the many options available within our 154 Master's programmes.
Every year, more than 600 Utrecht PhD candidates obtain their doctorate.
With over 35,000 students we are one of the largest Dutch universities.
- Rutger BregmanAlumnus of the Year
According to the jury for the Alumnus of the Year award, Bregman's books have a major impact, while he also exhibits courage and highlights urgent issues, such as climate change.
- Audiovisual department500th online PhD defense
Since the corona outbreak no less than 500 staff members have been able to defend their PhD online, thanks to the efforts of the Audiovisual and Media Production team. A reason for the beadle to stop by and treat the team to cake.
- Louise AutarDiversity & Inclusion Award
The jury members praise Louise's commitment to diversity and inclusion, in addition to her regular teaching duties, to be special. Many colleagues are proud of Louise's contributions to diversity and inclusion.
- Lotte Henrichs and Luciel van VuurenWinners of the Teacher Awards
Lotte: "Advancing equality of opportunities in education is one of the biggest issues in the system of tomorrow." Luciel adds: "I want to ensure that students want to know and want to learn." Meet two inspiring teachers.