How we are working towards a better world
- Decoding the exposome The exposome, our physical living environment, is the the biggest influencer on our health. How can we move towards a healthier living environment?
- Innovative education Our students look beyond the borders of their disciplines. "By working together with other students, you discover your strengths and weaknesses." - Kimberly Monpellier, student Veterinary Medicine.
- Our coronavirus research The coronavirus has an enormous impact on our society. And over a long period of time. We work interdisciplinarily to combat the virus and to find solutions to the social issues that the virus brings with it.
- Remote teaching Everywhere, teachers are looking for ways to continue their teaching remotely. We like to share the knowledge and experience we have built up for different types of teaching.
Facts and figures
Our students appreciate the many options available within our 154 Master's programmes.
Every year, more than 600 Utrecht PhD candidates obtain their doctorate.
With over 32,000 students we are one of the largest Dutch universities.
We were founded in 1636, when the provincial government elevated the Illustrious School to an academic university.
With Domcast, eleven students have dedicated themselves to making a series of podcasts about the personal history of a number of Utrecht residents.
- Bas van BavelEconomic historian
Bas van Bavel received the prestigious Spinoza Prize for his vision about the role of the market economy in our society.
- John de Wit, Nanna VerhoeffCelebrating differences
Professor Nanna Verhoeff and Professor John de Wit about diversity: "Diversity is a powerful thing and has the potential for infinite variety."
- Marije ElschotContract manager
A waste free university, Marije Elschot is here to make this happen. How? By starting a zero waste coalition, together with our suppliers.