Staff, grant-PhD candidates and students at Utrecht University can participate at the highest administrative level when they are member of the University Council. Every year, the Central Electoral Office organises elections for the student seats in the University Council. And every two years for the staff seats.
The next elections for the student and staff seats are from 20 - 22 May 2019.
How to put yourself forward as candidate?
Students, employees and PhD candidates can put themselves forward as a candidate until 18 April 2019:
- They can join an existing list. Contact the president or spokesperson of this list.
- They can start their own list and put themselves and others forward as a candidate.
- Aanbeveling Centraal Stembureau over stemetiquette (in Dutch only)
- Form for list of candidates for students 2019
- Form for list of candidates for staff 2019
- Form for list of candidates for employee consultative bodies 2019
- Declaration of consent
What is the schedule?
For the elections of 2019 the schedule is as follows:
|18 March - 18 April||Electoral register check|
|18 March - 18 April||Submit candidate forms and consent forms|
|29 April||Announcement of candidate lists|
|20 - 22 May (23:59)||Elections|
|24 May||Results of elections|