Utrecht University Library wants to offer its visitors a pleasant and peaceful study environment. Please read our house rules below.
Visitors are expected to be familiar with the library regulations.
- All university buildings and outdoor areas are smoke-free.
- To gain entrance to the study spaces in the University Library Utrecht Science Park during exam periods, on weekends, during the holidays and after 5 p.m. you must show a valid proof of identity or a UU-student card with photo.
- To gain entrance to the study spaces in the University Library City Centre during exam periods, on weekends, during the holidays and after 2 p.m. you must show a valid proof of identity or a UU-student card with photo.
- Security staff may at all times ask you for your proof of identity when they see reason to do so.
- You are allowed to bring coats and bags into the library. Security staff is authorized to check any coats and bags.
- Day lockers are available. You must leave your locker open and empty at the end of the day. Utrecht University Library reserves the right to open any lockers that are still closed after closing time. Any items found inside the lockers will then fall to Utrecht University Library.
- Study spaces and group study rooms:
- Information and reservations via bookings.uu.nl.
- Not using your reservation? Please cancel it, so that the space is released again.
- If you have not checked in at the study space half an hour after the start of your reserved time slot, the space will be released.
- If you stay away from your study space for more than thirty minutes, your things will be put aside and another visitor may take your place.
- Study places/group study rooms may not be saved for others.
- During exam periods, study spaces and group study rooms are only available for UU students.
- The University Library cannot be held liable for damage and/or theft of personal belongings.
- The University Library uses video surveillance to prevent theft of your and our property.
- Security staff may ask visitors whose behaviour causes nuisance to behave themselves. You may be requested to leave the building.
- If you are found guilty of (repeated) vandalism, misuse of facilities or theft you may be denied access to the University Library.
- Animals are not allowed, with the exception of certified service dogs.
- Alcohol and drug use is not allowed.
- Keep food and drink to a minimum. Do not cause any nuisance and do not litter.
- You must keep your study space tidy.
- Making telephone calls is allowed as long as it does not cause inconvenience to other visitors.
- Taking pictures and/or filming is only allowed with the permission of the University Library and the people portrayed. The Special Collections department does not allow photography and/or filming.
- In the event of an evacuation, you leave the building immediately. You must follow the instructions from emergency workers and/or evacuation staff.