Wireless network (Wi-Fi) in the library
Wireless network Utrecht University
By using the Utrecht University wireless network you can get access to the internet and the secured digital journals, e-books and resources. In order to get access to Utrecht University you need to log in with a Solis ID followed by @soliscom.uu.nl, the password is your Solis password.
- Utrecht University staff and students can use their Solis ID followed by @soliscom.uu.nl. You can also log in with your university email address, for example: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hogeschool Utrecht staff and students (and staff and students from other Higher Education Institutions participating in Eduroam) can use their institutional password. You can apply for a login code ('Solis-id') to get access to digital journals, e-books, and search systems.
- Other library visitors: You can apply for a login code ('Solis-id'), and have it approved at the servicedesk of the University Library. A valid proof of identity is required.
Wireless network eduroam Visitor Access (eVA)
Guests who by default do not have access to eduroam can use eduroam Visitor Access (eVA). This is the guest network of eduroam. Access works as follows:
- Getting a day code by yourself. On several TV screens at the UU is a daycode for eduroam. Guests can text this daycode to the given phone number and receive a login name and password for eduroam by SMS. This is valid for the whole day. Setting up the device (phone, laptop) is done in the usual way and is described in the manuals.
- A contact person at the UU can create a guest account via https://eva.eduroam.nl/en/login. Ask your UU contact to take care of this.
More information on the Wi-Fi networks can be found in the page of Information and Technology Services.