Web of Science is a multidisciplinary search engine for journal articles. It is a citation index, showing you how many times and by who journal articles have been cited.
Web of Science
What will you find in Web of Science?
- Journal articles and reviews covering all disciplines, from 1900 onwards. For Arts & Humanities from 1975
- Conference Proceedings covering all disciplines: 1990-present
- Citations of articles
- Citation scores of authors and citation data of the publications by authors
Use Web of Science to:
- Find articles, conference proceedings and reviews
- Find citations and conduct a further search based on the citations you found
- Check how many times and by who publications have been cited
Use the journal articles you found for a further search
When you have found an article, you may find more literature by:
- ‘Times cited': gives a list of recent publications referring to this article
- 'Cited References': gives a list of publications referred to in the article
- 'View related records': gives an overview of publications containing the same literature references
- Clicking on the name of the author
Searching with Cited Reference Search.
Besides searching for articles you can also search with the help of citations. Use Cited Reference Search to search for a combination of author's name, journal title and publication date. If you click on the button "Finish search" you will see the citations.
In Web of Science you will find information about the (full text) availability of the publication in Utrecht University Library via the UBU-link. Is the publication not available in a digital version? Then the UBU-link will show you how to request the print version.