This collection contains publications about Art History and Arts Policy and Management, and is available in printed and digital format. The focus lies on the Western Art History, from the Middle Ages until now.
Specific topics for this collection:
• art theory; methods and history of the Art History
• iconology / emblems studies
• Nachleben (influence of the Antique on the later Western Art)
• patronage and collecting in the Netherlands
• reception of Dutch Art
The studies on Arts Policy and Management include all art forms. You will find relevant literature in different collections:
- Humanities (University Library City Centre): General Humanities, Musicology, Theater, Film en Television Studies, Literary Studies, Language collections
- Organisational aspects (University Library City Centre): Economics and Public Administration
- Social aspects (University Library Uithof): Social Science
Besides our own collection, you can visit the specialised library of the Boekmanstichting.
Where to find the collection?
The collection is situated at the University Library City Center on the second floor of the Keizerstraat. Books in large formats ('fol.' in the catalogue) are kept in the study room on the ground floor of of the Keizerstraat. Many more books are in the depositories and can only be requested via the catalogue.
Please submit this form if you have any purchase suggestions.
Who is responsible for the collection?
- Collection Art History / Arts Policy and Management: Rogier Schumacher.
Do you have any questions about our library services? Questions about borrowing, renewing, requesting? Any complaints or remarks?
Call us at +31-(0)30-2536115 or send an email to email@example.com. If you have a question about borrowing, please provide your library card number.