Do you want to know more about the way the library is organised? For instance because you want to apply for a vacancy? On these pages you will find an overview of the organisational structure and contact details of department heads.
Organisation of Utrecht University Library
The organisational structure distinguishes between staff responsibility and line responsibility and has a limited number of hierarchical levels.
The line management involves three divisions:
- Public Services
- Academic Services
- Collection Services
A number of staff services support and advise the line management:
- Management services;
- Project management
View the organisational chart (pdf)
Librarian of the University
Divisions and departments
Academic Services division
The division of Academic Services is responsible for supporting research and education in all faculties.
Division manager: Mrs. drs. Martine Pronk
Department head: Mr. dr. Coen Wilders
Department head: Mrs. drs. Kim Bergmans
Public Services division
The Public Services division consists of the departments of Public Services City Centre and Public Services Utrecht Science Park.
The division is responsible for services in the library buildings and also contributes to the development of the buildings.
Interim Division Manager: Mr. mr. D. Gussekloo
Both locations have their own department heads;
- Public Services City Centre: Mrs. C.N.M. van der Heijden
- Public Services Utrecht Science Park: Mr J. van Soest
Collection Services division
The division of Collection Services is responsible for services relating to the collections made available by the library, both print and digital collections.
Division manager: Mrs. M.J. van der Zouwen MA
- Metadata & Acquisitions: processing and formal cataloguing of physical documents and digital sources. Department heads: Mrs. dr. ir. J.M.S. Renkema and Mr. drs. C.E. Zandbergen
- Collection management: storing and conserving collections in the depositories, making them available to the public, digitising items from the Special Collections. Department head: Mrs. M. Witkamp
In addition to the divisions and departments above, the following internal staff functions support the entire organisation of Utrecht University Library:
- Project management
- Management Services
- Facilities management
- Others (HR, from Utrecht University HR and the Faculty of Social Sciences) and Information Security from ITS)