Course reserve shelves
Teachers and student-assistants can apply for a course reserve shelve. This means that the library places a number of books on a separate shelf for the duration of a course. During that period these books will not be available for loan, so that several students can work with the books.
How to find a course reserve shelf
The course reserve shelves are on the first floor in the University Library Uithof, book case number 4, behind the servicedesk (close to the window).
How to organize a course reserve shelf
- You apply for a shelf by means of the web form Apply for a course reserve shelf.
- You present the books that are to be placed on the course shelf at the lending desk on the first floor. Please note:
- Course reserve shelves are meant for books that are for loan. Periodicals and dictionaries can therefore not be placed on the course shelves.
- Library books that have been borrowed via Inter Library Loan (IBL) cannot be put on the course reserve shelves!
- The books on a course shelf are assigned to a temporary collection (LBTC). which means that they are temporarily not for loan. The catalogue will show on which reserve shelf they are.
- Materials that cannot be handled via the library system, are registered on a separate list which is kept at the service desk.
- The name of the course, as well as the name(s) of the teacher(s) and/or the student-assistant are filled in on a standard form, together with the starting and the closing date of the course. This form is attached to the corresponding course shelf.
- A course participant may borrow a book from the course shelf only with written permission of the teacher of the course. In that case, the book will be removed from the course shelf definitely and follow the regular loan procedure.
- At the end of the course, after the date agreed, the library staff will remove the reserve materials from the course shelf.
- The teacher(s) and/or student/assistant(s) are responsible for the use of the course reserve shelves. The books on the course shelves are always secured against theft. The library is not liable for loss or damage of private materials placed on the course shelves.
- Books that are private property can only be put on the cousre reserve shelf after consultation with the lecturer.
- The teacher(s) and/or the student-assistant are responsible for the use of the course shelves.