You will find literature on the following subjects: theory of communication studies, methods and techniques of communication studies, verbal and nonverbal communication, mass communication and mass media.
Collection Communication Sciences
Some examples of other interesting search engines:
- The International Encyclopedia of Communication Online - an extensive encyclopedia with many references
- Beeld en Geluid in Academia - online access to thousands of hours of streaming media for higher education in the Netherlands
- UBICC, Utrecht Bibliography for Inter Cultural Communication which contains some 5,000 titles of scholarly publications, many of which with annotations. Accessible through RefWorks. Contact: Jan ten Thije - email@example.com
Other collections relevant to the interdisciplinary field of the Communication Sciences:
- Linguistics (grammar, sociolinguistics (e.g. conversation analysis), pragmatics and textual analysis.
- Dutch Language and Literature (mastering the Dutch language, section 18.10 42)
- English Language and Literature
- Theatre, Film and Television studies (film, TV, new media in sections 24.30 to 24.39).
- Communication and Publishing in the University Library Utrecht Science Park
DVDs and games
As a complement to the book collection for Theater, Film and Television, the Audiovisual Collection contains DVDs (feature movies, documentaries, television series) and games. You can browse the content in the catalogue. The Audiovisual Collection (DVDs and games) can be found in the basement.
Where to find he collection?
Please submit this form if you have any purchase suggestions.
Who is responsible for the collection?
- Collection Communication Sciences: Daan van Loon
Do you have any questions about our library services? Questions about borrowing, renewing, requesting? Any complaints or remarks?
Call us at +31-(0)30-2536115 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a question about borrowing, please provide your library card number.