Collection Communication Sciences
You will find literature on the following subjects: theory of communication studies, methods and techniques of communication studies, verbal and nonverbal communication, mass communication and mass media.
Some examples of other interesting search engines:
- The International Encyclopedia of Communication Online - an extensive encyclopedia with many references
- UBICC, Utrecht Bibliography for Inter Cultural Communication which contains some 5,000 titles of scholarly publications, many of which with annotations. Accessible through RefWorks. Contact: Jan ten Thije - email@example.com
Other collections relevant to the interdisciplinary field of the Communication Sciences:
- Linguistics (grammar, sociolinguistics (e.g. conversation analysis), pragmatics and textual analysis.
- Dutch Language and Literature (mastering the Dutch language, section 18.10 42)
- English Language and Literature
- Theatre, Film and Television studies (film, TV, new media in sections 24.30 to 24.39).
- Communication and Publishing in the University Library Utrecht Science Park
DVDs and games
As a complement to the book collection for Theater, Film and Television, the Audiovisual Collection contains DVDs (feature movies, documentaries, television series) and games. You can browse the content in the catalogue. The Audiovisual Collection (DVDs and games) can be found in the basement.
Where to find he collection?
The collection of books for Communications Sciences (indicated as 'COM') is located on the 1st floor of the University Library City Centre.
Please submit this form if you have any purchase suggestions.