Dutch Molecular Pathology Centre
Our motto is to build an interactive bridge between the scientist and the pathologist
Qualified molecular analysis
The DMPC provides cutting–edge techniques and expertise in the molecular and morphological analysis for qualified analysis of genetically modified animals and animal models of human diseases.
Animal models for human disease
We offer full necropsy service including gross examination of tissues, appropriate tissue fixation, slide preparation, and histological evaluation. Analyses are performed by board-certified veterinary pathologists specialised in analysing rodent and zebrafish models. Reporting of the pathological data includes scoring sheets, descriptive data, imaging and interpretation of the significance of the pathological findings as animal model for human diseases. Furthermore we offer recommendations and suggestions for in vivo and in vitro studies to further explore the molecular mechanism of the gene of interest.
Team of board certified veterinary pathologists. Experience and expertise in pathological analysis of rodents, zebrafish, organoids, embryos and placentas. Full necropsy service including gross examination of tissues, appropriate tissue fixation.
We can offer you:
- Team of board certified veterinary pathologists
- Experience and expertise in pathological analysis of rodents, zebrafish, organoids, embryos and placentas
- Full necropsy service including gross examination of tissues, appropriate tissue fixation, slide preparation, and histological evaluation
- Histopathological analysis, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, histochemistry
- Quantitative analysis (proliferation/ apoptosis/ differentiation/ inflammation/fibrosis status) of a variety of different rodent and zebrafish tissues
- Transgenic reporter marker analysis (E.g. LacZ, GFP)
- Pathological findings will be described, digitalized and quantified for manuscript preparation or grant applications
We offer either partial cost-recovery based collaboration for academic users or full-cost service to academic and commercial partners.