The department participates in the education provided by the Veterinary Medicine study programme (Bachelor’s and Master’s phases). It also provides a wide range of courses, study programmes and external education, including:
- Course on Laboratory Animal Science for (future) researchers, this course is offered in Dutch and in English ('art. 9 course')
- Ethology & Welfare course in the master track Cognitive Neuroscience
- Ethology & Welfare master track Behavioural Neuroscience
- Fundamentals course in Master Neuroscience and Cognition
- Ethics in Animal Welfare (e-learning via ELEVATE)
- Behavioural Pharmacology (e-learning via ELEVATE)
This extracurricular education is geared towards students of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, as well as other institutions. The department’s course on Laboratory Animal Science has earned international recognition.