Open Science at the Faculty of Science
The Faculty Open Science Team (FOST), with dean Isabel Arends as Chair, operates among the colleagues on the work floor and in close cooperation with the UU-wide Open Science programme and the Open Science Community Utrecht (OSCU).
Members Of The Faculty Open Science Team
- Isabel Arends (chair)
- Maura Burke (faculty ambassador OSCU, Open Education fellow)
- Gil Cavalcanti (member Open Science Platform, Open Education fellow)
- Claudia Cozijnsen (HR advisor, Recognition & Rewards fellow)
- Toine Egberts (Recognition & Rewards fellow)
- Ginny Farias Galdames (Open Access fellow)
- Ioanna Lykourentzou (Fair Data&Software fellow)
- Enrico Mastrobattista
- Charlotte Meijers (communications advisor)
- Liesbeth Noor (secretary and contact person)
- Lisa Oskam (member Open Science Platform on behalf of PhD candidates)
- Erik van Sebille (Public Engagement fellow)
The team members aim to arrive at an effective implementation of the five UU Open Science themes in consultation with everyone at the faculty.
The FOST intends to do this in several ways:
- Set up frameworks for rolling out Open Science within the faculty;
- Collect ideas from colleagues about the implementation of Open Science;
- Inform faculty members, for example about the support of RDM support considering FAIR data;
- Remove barriers to Open Science, e.g. to Open Access publishing;
- Provide knowledge and practical tools, to learn from one another.
The FOST operates on the themes the UU Open Science Programme works on:
Research results and data are accessible for society and fellow scientists.
Contact: Ginny Farias Galdames
For Open Access support you can also contact the Open Access Officer Maria Constantin.
Fair data & software
Our colleagues can replicate all our results.
Contact: Ioanna Lykourentzou
Society recognizes and understands which scientific research is being conducted, and why.
Read more: ‘My research focus changed after talking to children’
Contact: Erik van Sebille
Read more: Wave of new Wikipedia articles by oceanography students
Contact: Nieske Vergunst
Recognition and rewards
A respected scientific CV includes more than just scientific publications and grants.
Contact: Toine Egberts, Claudia Cozijnsen
Rethinking education by opening up educational resources and teaching students open science practices and values.
Contact: Maura Burke
Feel free to approach the members of the Faculty Open Science Team for any question and suggestion you want to share regarding Open Science: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees of the university can find extensive information about Open Science in the Faculty of Science on the intranet (login required).