Application Exchange Students
Please also read the information sheet carefully.
You must be nominated by the coordinator of the exchange programme at your home university. Your International Office will inform the International Office of the Faculty of Science of Utrecht University. We will send you an invitation to apply, either via our online student tracking system OSIRIS Student or via an application form. Please prepare and complete the requested information:
- language proficiency form or a recent proof of successfully completed TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge EFL test, or CEFR level B2 (bachelor) or C1 (master);
- a photocopy of your ID card or passport (only the relevant pages);
- a transcript of records in the English language; an official record of academic courses taken including all credits and marks (preferably in a scale of 1 to 10) signed and stamped by your home university;
- if you want to do a research project, please find a research group of your interest. Contact the group providing the above mentioned information and your motivation to apply for this particular research group;
- if you want to do courses a course selection form must be filled in. To find courses, please see this website. Also look at the FAQ's about courses. Bachelor courses of the Faculty of Science open to Exchange students can be found under Electives in the Course Planner.
Take care of submitting the application in time to meet our deadlines. After receipt of your details the International Office will, together with the academic counselor, evaluate your application and inform you about the result by email as soon as possible. This may take up to two months.
In addition to the information found via the menu, we highly recommend you to visit the websites below, since they offer vital information on preparing your stay in Holland, living in the Netherlands, scholarships, etc.
- The Utrecht University website for international students
- Study in Holland
- Nuffic (The Netherlands organization for cooperation in higher education)