Best Master's Thesis
The Best Master's Thesis Award is an annual award. The award winner will be announced during the ceremony for the new Academic Year in September. With regard to Covid-19, the programme may be adjusted this year.
The winner will receive an award which consists of a certificate and €1,500.
Nominees need to meet certain specific criteria. The submitted graduate thesis or -research must for instance have received a mark of at least an 8.5. You cannot submit your thesis yourself; the thesis has to be submitted by the Director of Education or the Research Director of the Master’s programme for which the thesis was written.
Candidates can be nominated until 1st of June 2021.
The jury - 2020-2021
There are open positions for several faculties, contact Angela Schluter if you are interested in taking part in the jury for your faculty.
- Open position, Geosciences
- Prof. dr. ir. J. (Jos) Malda, UMC Utrecht and Veterinary Sciences
- Prof. dr. E. (Elaine) Mak, Law, Economics and Governance
- Open position, Natural Sciences
- Open position, Sciences
- Dr. C. (Christianne) Smit, chair, Humanities
- Dr. S. (Sabine) Uijl, University College Utrecht
- Prof. dr. Marian Jongmans, Social and Behavioural Sciences
Secretary: Angela Schluter (email@example.com), Corporate Office
More information: Angela Schluter (firstname.lastname@example.org), Student and Academic Affairs’ Office
Also see the Archive of thesis awards, for the nominees and winners of previous years.