Best Master's Thesis
The Best Master's Thesis Award is an annual award for UU students. The award winner will be announced during the ceremony for the Start of the Academic Year in September.
The winner will receive an award which consists of a certificate and €1,500.
Nominees need to meet certain specific criteria. The submitted graduate thesis or -research must for instance have received a mark of at least an 8.5 and the student has to be a student of Utrecht University. You cannot submit your thesis yourself; the thesis has to be submitted by the Director of Education or the Research Director of the Master’s programme for which the thesis was written.
Candidates can be nominated until 1st of June 2023.
Download the full list of criteria (pdf) and the submission form, Best Master’s Thesis category (.doc).
The jury 2022-2023
There is an open position for Sciences.
- Dr. W. (Wouter) Boon, Geosciences
- Dr. A. (Annemarie) Spruijt, Veterinary Sciences
- Prof. dr. N. (Niels) Bosma, Law, Economics and Governance
- dr. ir. J. (Jesus) Rosales Carreon, Geosciences
- Open position, Sciences
- Dr. C. (Christianne) Smit, chair, Humanities
- Dr. S. (Sabine) Uijl, University College Utrecht
- Prof. dr. Marian Jongmans, Social and Behavioural Sciences
Secretary: Angela Schluter (email@example.com), Corporate Office
More information: Angela Schluter (firstname.lastname@example.org), Student and Academic Affairs’ Office
Also see the Archive of thesis awards, for the nominees and winners of previous years.