Student associations can recommend their teachers by sending in a portfolio. Per faculty, two teachers can be recommended, one for the Outstanding Teacher Award, and one for the Teacher Talent Award.
A teacher who won before, cannot be nominated.
The portfolio submitted by the student association portrays the recommended teacher from 3 perspectives: from that of the student, from the teacher him/herself and from his/her peers. The student association is responsible for assembling and submitting the portfolio. This portfolio consists of:
- A short pitch and reasoned recommendation (max. 2000 words) written by the student association, describing why this teacher is special;
- The cv of the teacher (max. 2 A4), outlining his/her educational career;
- A detailed educational vision, written by the recommended teacher (max. 2A4);
- Two letters of recommendation of fellow teachers, containing details of the way in which the teacher satisfies the critera.
After an initial selection, the student associations of nominated candidates will be asked to provide a supplementary portfolio which contain at least two educational evaluations and material that characterise the nominated teacher (such as visuals, study guide, etc.).
The full procedure and criteria for 2018 – 2019 and the format for portfolios will be published here soon. The deadline for submitting recommendations is Friday 30 November 2018, 12.00 noon.
Student associations can send their portfolio via e-mail to the Centre for Academic Teaching, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention the name of the teacher, category (Outstanding Teacher Award / Teacher Talent Award) and student association in the subject line.
Members of the jury for the Teacher Awards 2018-2019 are:
- Professor Dr Ruud Schotting, faculty of Geosciences, voorzitter
- Professor Dr Ronald Bleys, faculty of Medicine
- Professor Dr Petra de Jongh, faculty of Science
- Dr Jos van der Linden, University College Utrecht
- Dr Bernadette van de Rijt, faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Haza Rahim, MSc, faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Prof Mr Anna Gerbrandy, faculty Law, Economics and Governance
- Dr Sigrid Merx, faculty Humanities
- Angela Melcherts, student
- Rûna van Tent, student
The Outstanding Teacher Awards are facilitated by the Centre for Academic Teaching. For more information, contact email@example.com or call +31 30 253 6638.