Student associations can recommend their teachers by sending in a portfolio. Per faculty, two teachers can be recommended, one for the Outstanding Teacher Award, and one for the Teacher Talent Award.
A teacher who won before, cannot be nominated.
The portfolio submitted by the student association portrays the recommended teacher from 3 perspectives: from that of the student, from the teacher him/herself and from his/her peers. The student association is responsible for assembling and submitting the portfolio. This portfolio consists of:
- A detailed educational vision, written by the recommended teacher (max. 1 A4);
- A short pitch and reasoned recommendation written by the student association, describing why this teacher is special (max. 2 A4);
- Two letters of recommendation of fellow teachers, containing details of the way in which the teacher satisfies the criteria (max. 1 A4 per letter);
- The cv of the teacher (max. 2 A4), outlining his/her educational career.
After an initial selection, the student associations of nominated candidates will be asked to provide a supplementary portfolio which contain at least two educational evaluations and material that characterise the nominated teacher (such as visuals, study guide, etc.).
The full procedure and criteria for 2018 – 2019 can be found here (.pdf; in Dutch). Want to send in a portfolio? Please use the format for portfolios (.docx). If you have any specific questions for the English procedure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting recommendations is Friday 30 November 2018, 12.00 noon. Recommendations can exclusively be submitted via email (email@example.com). In the subject line, mention the name of the teacher, which category they are nominated for (Outstanding Teacher/Teacher Talent) and the name of the student association.
Members of the jury for the Teacher Awards 2018-2019 are:
- Professor Dr Ruud Schotting, faculty of Geosciences, voorzitter
- Professor Dr Ronald Bleys, faculty of Medicine
- Professor Dr Petra de Jongh, faculty of Science
- UCU teacher(vacant)
- Dr Bernadette van de Rijt, faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Haza Rahim, MSc, faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Prof Mr Anna Gerbrandy, faculty Law, Economics and Governance
- Dr Sigrid Merx, faculty Humanities
- Ella Schunselaar (student)
- Maud Groenewoud (student)
The Outstanding Teacher Awards are facilitated by the Centre for Academic Teaching. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 30 253 6638.