The Faculty Council is the representative body for staff and students in each faculty. The Dean consults with the Faculty Council on matters concerning the Board and the organisation of the Faculty. The tasks and competences of the Faculty Council are detailed in the Faculty Regulations.
Every year elections are held for a seat in the Faculty Council Geosciences.
The Election Committee of the Faculty of Geosciences organises the annual elections for the student delegation of the faculty council and bi-annual delegation for the staff elections.
There are 16 council members, comprised of eight students and eight staff members.
Staff representation 2022-2023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 030 253 6369Assistant Professor
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 030 253 7802Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 030 253 2041Assistant Professor
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 030 253 5068Associate Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 030 253 7691Assistant Professor
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 030 253 6260Project Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 030 253 2754Assistant Professor
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 06 37 332 361Research and Education Assistant
Student representation 2022-2023
To contact the student representation Faculty Geosciences, an email may be sent to: SG-FR.firstname.lastname@example.org
Silvia Seixas Lopes
Ay Ling Thung
Human Geography and Spatial Planning
Lenka van Amerongen
The council's meeting calendar contains annually recurring issues such as the faculty budget and the adoption of the Education and Examination Regulations. Other issues are discussed as they arise during the year. The Faculty Council meetings are open to the public. In principle, the Faculty Council meets five times a year. All meetings will take place in the Faculty board room, Vening Meinesz Building 0.02.
- 11 October 2022 (15-17 hrs)
- 6 December 2022 (15-17 hrs)
- 21 February2023 (15-17 hrs)
- 11 April 2023 (15-17 hrs)
- 27 June 2023 (15-17 hrs)
The meeting documents of the public meetings of the Faculty Council can be viewed by all employees and students of Utrecht University via the Faculty Council's team site.
Contact: Faculty Council of Geosciences Secretariat.
Carin van de Weerd
Leonie van Bladel