Please note: some of the below sites are in Dutch.
The Freudenthal Institute offers various activities for secondary school students, namely:
- U-Talent: activities in which students can deepen and enrich their knowledge about science, technology, language, culture, people and society.
- Ionizing Radiation Practicum: experiments with radioactive sources and X-ray devices, in a practicum room at Utrecht University or at your own school.
- Olympiads (competitions for students), such as the Physics Olympiad.
- Mathematics in Teams: three annual mathematics days (Mathematics A-lympiad, Mathematics B-day, Onderbouw-wiskunde-dag: 'Lower Grades Mathematics Day') in which students spend a whole day working on a large mathematical assignment in teams of 3 or 4, with a paper as the end product.
- Wisweb: a website with applets (interactive digital activities) that can easily be used in mathematics lessons.
Mathematics activities for primary schools:
Activities for teachers
The Freudenthal Institute offers various activities for professionalisaton. Please see what we have on offer.