U-Talent is a program to stimulate the development of talent in the sciences in secondary school. In this program Utrecht University and the Hogeschool Utrecht cooperate with a number of regional schools.
The shared goals the U-Talent partners set themselves are:
- Developing science talent in havo and vwo students
- Professionalization of science teachers and school management
- Continuous learning trajectory learning success
- Professionalization of higher education lecturers
- Valorization of science research and education at Utrecht University and Hogeschool Utrecht
- Developing a differentiated secondary school science network
U-Talent is a cooperation between the Science and Geology faculties, the bachelor programme Biomedical Sciences at Utrecht University, the Education and Nature and Technology faculties at the Hogeschool Utrecht and 44 secondary schools within the local area. The Freudenthal Institute is the coordinator of U-Talent.