FAQ and Registration Procedure
What kind of courses does Incluusion offer during the summer?
During the summer, Incluusion collaborates with the Utrecht Summer School. We offer courses of the Utrecht Summer School from many different fields, such as Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Art & Music, Engineering & Technology, Science, Life Science and Medicine & Healthcare. These are all full-time courses and have a duration of either one or two weeks. This means that the courses take place everyday, Monday to Friday, from 09.00 am to at least 17.00 pm. It is important that you are available full-time if you apply. Almost all courses take place on location in Utrecht, but some are offered online. The summer courses takes place between June and August.
I cannot pay for my travel costs. I also saw the summer school offers housing during the course, but I cannot afford that. Can Incluusion help?
We will discuss this with you during the intake interview, but it's good to know that Incluusion does have some budget available to help students with financial need.
Do I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Summer courses usually have an interactive and practical setting and it is probable that you won't have to take any exam. There will probably be assignments and exercises to do together during the classes. At the end of the course, all actively participating students will receive an attendance certificate issued by the Utrecht Summer School.
Registration Procedure Summer School
As you might notice from the Utrecht Summer School website, students usually have to pay a high fee to follow the courses, which includes the study material. Incluusion students can follow these courses for free, but in order to make this happen it is crucial that you apply on the Incluusion website, and NOT directly on the Utrecht Summer School website.
The Course Guide for the Summer School will be published on the evening of April 21st. Registrations will open on Monday 24th of April at 12:00hrs (noon) and will be closed on May 8th at 23:59hrs. In order to apply, follow these steps carefully:
- Carefully select a course that matches your academic background and interests from the Course Guide.
- Fill in the registration form. You will be required to attach a CV and a motivation letter explaining why you chose this specific course and how it matches your academic background. Registration forms that are not complete or do not have a clear motivation will not be taken into account.
- After filling in the registration form, you will receive an automatic email stating that we have received your application successfully. If you did not receive this email after a day, please check your spam folder. If it’s not there, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We will contact you to plan an (online) intake interview if your background and motivation match the chosen course and there are still spots available. The intakes will be with a member of the Incluusion team.
- After the intake interview, if we and the teacher of the course believe that you are a good candidate, you will receive further instructions on how to enroll and a special code to waive the fees of the course.
Please note that you SHOULD NOT contact the teachers directly about your application nor apply directly on the Utrecht Summer School website. If you do so, your application WILL NOT be considered. The right procedure to follow is explained above and if you have any questions you can always contact us via email.