Refugees Studying - Academic Return Track
Restart is a two-day preparatory training offered by Incluusion. Incluusion students who got accepted in UU courses follow Restart before their course starts. The training is compulsory for ALL new students. It will help prepare you for your course.
Restart bridges the potential gap between you and the UU, the Dutch education system, and even the Dutch culture. You will learn about the Dutch academic culture and about how the UU can help students finish their course succesfully.
The course helped me eliminate almost all my fears about my upcoming class
We decide each block which topics will be in day 1 and 2 precisely, but in general the programme is as follows. The tour might also be on day 1, depending on the weather and when the tour guide is available.
- Introduction of the UU and Incluusion
- General ground rules at UU
- Communication with UU teachers and cultural awareness
- Where can you find support and help at the UU
- Study attitude and academic skills
- Technical skills
- Comparison to your home country’s education and your motivation
- Tour around UU campus
Between day one and day two you will work on your homework. It will teach you about the technical information that you will need during your course at UU. You can do the homework together with some fellow Restart-students.
During the training you will:
- Learn everything you need to know to be well prepared for your Incluusion course
- Meet other Incluusion students
- Meet Incluusion team members
- Material of the training will be offered after the training
Block 4 dates and time:
Day 1: Thursday 13th of April from 10 hrs until 17 hrs
Day 2: Thursday 20th of April from 10 hrs until 17 hrs
Bestuursgebouw, room: 033C
Hiedelberglaan 8, 3584 CS, Utrecht
Rupportgebouw, room: 033
leuvenlaan 21, 3584 CE, Utrecht
If you are accepted to a course, please write down the dates for Restart in your agenda.
If you have any questions, please email Incluusion@uu.nl.
Restart not only prepares you for UU courses in terms of your academic skills. It is also a safe environment to discuss your uncertainties and learn how you can deal with them.