Privacy basics for researchers (online training)
Privacy is a fundamental concern in many research projects. In order to fulfil legal and ethical requirements and protect the privacy of research participants, you can now take the self-paced online module "Privacy Basics for Researchers”. Through interactive content and exercises, this e-learning module gives you an essential understanding of privacy principles and practices when dealing with personal data in research.
In the module, you will learn about:
- What is (sensitive) personal data?
- Roles in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Legal bases for research (consent, public interest)
- Rights of data subjects
- Privacy risks
- Protection measures like pseudonymisation, anonymisation, encryption, and access control
- How to store and share personal data
- How to make personal data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR)
The module is self-paced, and will take on average 1,5 hours to complete.
Once registered, you can access the module here.
Are you from outside Utrecht University or do you not have a Solis-id? Please email RDM Support to get access to the module.