Utrecht University offers a large number of courses taught in English at both the Bachelor level and Master level. Information can be found per faculty.
When planning your courses, take into account:
- You can find course information through the direct links below.
- You need to select at least 2 courses per block, and you can choose courses from a maximum of two faculties.
- At least half of the courses should be at the main faculty of your choice.
- Make sure you meet the prerequisites (if any) and the level of a course. You can find this information in the course description through the links below.
- University College Utrecht and University College Roosevelt have different academic calendars. For this reason it is not possible to combine courses at UCU or UCR with courses at other faculties.
- Holidays may differ slightly per faculty. Exchange students taking courses at different faculties should take this into account.
Early exit option
Most Faculties offer courses in block 2 that have an "early exit" option (= finish before Christmas). This is only possible for students who need to return to their home institution for the second semester in January. In some cases less than 7.5 ECTS are awarded. These are tailor made solutions and it is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements with the instructor. Housing through Short Stay Solutions can only be rented for a full semester.
You can find course information through the direct links below.
- Faculty of Geosciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Law, Economics & Governance
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Sciences
Utrecht University has two honours colleges: