Visiting students

Visiting students, or free movers, can study at Utrecht University on an individual basis for one semester or a year as part of a degree at their home university. Note that fees may be applicable if you apply as a visiting student. 

How to apply

If your home University does not have an Exchange agreement with Utrecht University, it may still be possible to apply as a visiting student. For more information on the possibilities kindly contact the UU faculty or honours college you wish to apply to. 

Finding housing

Note that free movers / visiting students are not eligible to apply for housing via the Utrecht University Reserved Accommodation Programme. This means you would have to find housing on your own. Since the demand for housing in Utrecht is very high, this can take a lot of time and effort. It is important to prepare for this and start your search as early as possible.