"Do not hesitate and go to Utrecht!"
- Natalya and Viktoriya, Ukraine
Welcome, we are happy to see that you are interested in Utrecht University for your exchange!
Utrecht University offers over 200 courses in English that are open to exchange students. Some of which are also open to visiting students. Each year students from all over the world come to Utrecht to experience Dutch culture and society, and the high level of academic offerings. If you are interested in joining their ranks, you can find more information on these pages.
Utrecht University makes a distinction between exchange students and visiting students:
- Exchange students can study at Utrecht University through an exchange agreement (Erasmus, bilateral) for one or two semesters.
- Visiting students, or free movers, can study at Utrecht University on an individual basis for one semester or a year as part of a degree at their home university. Fees may be applicable. Contact the faculty's International Office for more information.
Please note that Utrecht University has two types of exchange agreements:
- Universitywide agreements: these are open to students in all departments.
- Faculty agreements: these are open to students from the university/faculty the agreement was signed with.