Members of the centre regularly publish articles on various Complex Systems Science topics and here we only list the research output in which the CCSS activities played a role. * indicates the author is affiliated to the Centre for Complex Systems Studies.
- Claudia E.Wieners*. Haze, Hunger, Hesitation: Disaster aid after the 1783 Laki eruption. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, 15 November 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvolgeores.2020.107080.
- Juste Raimbault, Joris Broere*, Marius Somveille, Jesus Mario Serna, Evelyn Strombom, Christine Moore, Ben Zhu, Lorraine Sugar. A spatial agent based model for simulating and optimizing networked eco-industrial systems. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, April 2020, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2019.104538.
- David Wichmann*, Philippe Delandmeter, Henk A Dijkstra*, Erik van Sebille*. Mixing of passive tracers at the ocean surface and its implications for plastic transport modelling. Environmental Research Communications, 29 October 2019, https://doi.org/10.1088/2515-7620/ab4e77.
- Johannes Emmerling, Laurent Drouet, Kaj-Ivar van der Wijst*, Detlef van Vuuren, Valentina Bosetti, Massimo Tavoni. The role of the discount rate for emission pathways and negative emissions. Environmental Research Letters, 4 October 2019, https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ab3cc9.
- David Wichmann*, Philippe Delandmeter, Erik van Sebille*. Influence of Near‐Surface Currents on the Global Dispersal of Marine Microplastic. Journal of Geophysical Research Oceans, 6 August 2019, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JC015328.
- Alje van Dam*. Diversity and its decomposition into variety, balance and disparity. Royal Society Open Science, 17 July 2019, https://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.190452.
- Koen G. Helwegen, Claudia E. Wieners*, Jason E. Frank, Henk A. Dijkstra*. Complementing CO2 emission reduction by solar radiation management might strongly enhance future welfare. Earth System Dynamics, 12 July 2019, https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-10-453-2019. (News article)
- Peter D. Nooteboom*, Peter K. Bijl, Erik van Sebille*, Anna S. von der Heydt*, Henk A. Dijkstra*. Transport Bias by Ocean Currents in SedimentaryMicroplankton Assemblages: Implications forPaleoceanographic Reconstructions. Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, 19 June 2019, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019PA003606.
- Mark M. Dekker*, Debabrata Panja*, Henk A. Dijkstra*, Stefan C. Dekker. Predicting transitions across macroscopic states for railway systems. PLOS ONE, 6 June 2019, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0217710. (News article)
- Courtney Quinn, Jan Sieber, Anna S. von der Heydt*. Effects of periodic forcing on a Paleoclimate delay model. SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, 4 June 2019, https://doi.org/10.1137/18M1203079.
- Joris Broere*, Vincent Buskens*, Henk T. C. Stoof*, Angel Sánchez. An experimental study of network effects on coordination in asymmetric games. Scientific Reports, 2 May 2019, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-43260-0. (News article)
- Adriana D. Correia*, Henk T. C. Stoof*. Nash Equilibria in the Response Strategy of Correlated Games. Scientific Reports, 20 February 2019, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-36562-2. (News article)
- Mark M. Dekker*, Anna S. von der Heydt*, Henk A. Dijkstra*. Cascading transitions in the climate system. Earth System Dynamics, 6 November 2018, https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-9-1243-2018.
- Matthias Aengenheyster, Qing Yi Feng*, Rick van der Ploeg, Henk A. Dijkstra*. The point of no return for climate action: effects of climate uncertainty and risk tolerance. Earth System Dynamics, 30 August 2018, https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-9-1085-2018. (News article)
- Peter D. Nooteboom*, Qing Yi Feng*, Cristóbal López, Emilio Hernández-García, Henk A. Dijkstra*. Using network theory and machine learning to predict El Niño. Earth System Dynamics, 23 July 2018, https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-9-969-2018. (News article)
- Michiel Rhoen, Qing Yi Feng*. Why the ‘Computer says no’: illustrating big data’s discrimination risk through complex systems science. International Data Privacy Law, 25 June 2018, https://doi.org/10.1093/idpl/ipy005. (News article)
- Brian J. Dermody*, Murugesu Sivapalan, Elke Stehfest, Detlef P. van Vuuren, Martin J. Wassen, Marc F. P. Bierkens, Stefan C. Dekker. A framework for modelling the complexities of food and water security under globalisation. Earth System Dynamics, 31 January 2018, https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-9-103-2018. (News article)