Travelling to Utrecht
Utrecht University is based in the city of Utrecht, conveniently located in the centre of the country. Utrecht is easy to reach by train, car and bus, and is close to Schiphol Airport.
- (Amsterdam) Schiphol Airport is the international airport closest to Utrecht. From Schiphol, trains to Utrecht take about 30 minutes and depart every 15 minutes. The train station is situated directly below the airport.
- Eindhoven Airport is the second largest airport in the Netherlands. Getting to Utrecht takes you approximately 1,5 hours, by a combination of bus and train.
Utrecht Central Station has a direct high-speed train connection with Germany and Switzerland. Amsterdam Central Station is frequented by many international trains, connecting the Netherlands to various cities and airports in Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- NS international tickets and timetables for international trains.
- Map of all international destinations per operator: Eurostar, ICE International, Intercity Berlin, Intercity Brussels, TGV and Thalys.
It takes approximately 30 minutes by train, to travel between Amsterdam and Utrecht. On all days of the week and in both directions, trains depart every 15 minutes until midnight, twice an hour until 1 o’clock and a night train runs hourly between 1 and 6 in the morning.
- Dutch Railways (NS): timetables, a journey planner for trains and information about tickets and discounts.