Printing, photocopying and scanning
General information for everyone
All multifunctional printers are connected to the 'Follow Me' system. You simply send your documents from your computer or mobile device to the printers, and then collect them at a multifunctional of your choice.
This way you can always pick up your prints at the nearest multifunctional. It also enables you to (for example) send a document to the multifunctionals in the city centre, and collect it later somewhere at Utrecht Science Park.
- Employees have to use their campuscard. The campuscard is automatically registered to your account.
- The use of an alternative card is not possible.
- You can also use your Solis-id and password to logon.
- To link a new card, please go to a multifunctional. Students can use any card they want with an RFID chip (for example an OV chip card*). Instructions on how to register your card can be found at the multifunctionals. If you do not have a personal RFID card, you can pick one up at the student information desk.
- To unlink a card, link a new card at the multifuntional itself or go to https://www.uu.nl/myprintportal.
* Please note that the OV chip card has nothing to do with your printcredit.
There are several ways to print. Use the method that you like best and that meets your requirements.
Installing the multifunctionals on your own computer (queues)
The multifunctionals are already installed on (most) UU computers. On your own computer, you will have to install them yourself. This is the most commonly used method that also offers the most options. See 'Manuals about installing and using the multifunctionals' below.
Printing via Myprintportal
You can also upload your files via https://www.uu.nl/myprintportal and then print them. The myprintportal offers more possibilities (settings) than printing via e-mail.
Print via e-mail
Simply e-mail your document from your UU e-mail box to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation that your document is ready to be picked up at a multifunctional. Your documents are printed in colour by default. You can change this on the multifunctional before printing. See 'Manuals about installing and using the multifunctionals' below for detailed instructions.
On most UU computers (Solis workstations) the multufunctionals are already (automatically) installed. On your own (private) laptop or unmanaged workstation you have to do this yourself.
Please visit our manuals website for an overview of all manuals for the multifunctionals.
- printing from your device (laptop/smartphone/tablet)
There are short instructional videos available as well, showing the basic functions of the multifunctionals.
Information specific for students
For topping up print credits and checking your balance for the (new) multifunctionals, visit uu.nl/myprintportal Log in with your Solis-id and password. It may take some time before the amount is credited after topping up. UMC students have to top up print credits via the UMC website.
Please note that any print credit is linked to your university account (Solis-id), and not to your print card (e.g. public transport cards). A card is only used to quickly log on to the printer.
Refunds if you are leaving the university
You may apply for a refund of your print credit if you match all the criteria below.
- may request a refund only once.
- This is possible after finishing studies and as long as the Solis-id is still active.
- Print credits will expire after the Solis-id is disabled.
- Only a refund of € 5 or more will be processed.
- Therefore the request form is visible on the MyPrintPortal only when your balance meets the minimum balance requirement.
- You'll get the refund within five weeks after your request.
- have to spend the print credits before their Solis-id expires, as they aren't entitled to a refund.
|Type of printout||Rate for A4 in eurocents||Rate for A3 in eurocents|
|Black - single sided||3,5||4,5|
|Black - double sided||6,0||7,0|
|Colour - single sided||6,5||7,5|
|Colour - double sided||12||13|
Please note that the rates in this table differ from the rates of the old printing system, in which no distinction was made between A3 and A4 format. Also, only recyled paper is used.
If you are a student and have been appointed as an employee of the university as well, you are automatically 'recognized as an employee' when it comes to printing at the multifunctionals. From then on, you have to use your campus card to log in to the multifunctionals. If you still have personal printing credit on your account - and expect you will stay and employee (not temporary) - you are able to request a refund.
Information specific for guests
If you need to use the print facilities in the University Library and you do not have a Solis-id, please go to the counter of the library and request a guest Solis-account. That account gives you:
- Free of charge access to the scanfacilities of the printer
- For prints or copies, you need print credit: see "Print credit and refunds" on this site.
Good to know if you have purchased print credit as a guest:
Your guest Solis-account automatically expires after one year. Prolong it timely if you want to keep your print credit.
As soon as your Solis-account is disabled, your print credit expires as well.
With a guest Solis-account you do not get a refund.
The remaining print credit can be read on the display of the printer.