Through its research groups, the Department of Chemistry participates in three research institutes within the university.
1. Debye Institute for Nanomaterials Research
This Institute is a collaboration between the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Physics & Astronomy.
Groups from the Department of Chemistry:
- Inorganic Chemistry and Catalysis
- Organic Chemistry and Catalysis
- Physical and Colloid Chemistry
- Condensed Matter and Interfaces
- Cellular Protein Chemistry
- Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry
- Crystal and Structural Chemistry
- Membrane Biochemistry & Biophysics
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Cryo Electronmicroscopy
The department of Chemistry is closely associated with the Chemistry education group of the Freudenthal Institute for Science and Mathematics Education.