Through its research groups, the Department of Chemistry participates in three research institutes within the university.
Debye Institute for Nanomaterials Research
This Institute is a collaboration between the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Physics.
Groups from the Department of Chemistry:
- Materials Chemistry & Catalysis
- Physical & Colloid Chemistry
- Condensed Matter & Interfaces
- Inorganic Chemistry & Catalysis
Bijvoet Centre for Biomolecular Research
- Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics
- Cellular Protein Chemistry
- Structural Biochemistry
- Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics
- NMR Spectroscopy
Institute for Sustainable and Circular Chemistry
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences
The department of Chemistry is closely associated with the Chemistry education group of the Freudenthal Institute.