Pathways to Sustainability Award
At Pathways to Sustainability we believe that best practices should be recognised and rewarded. In 2020, we therefore launched a special Award for those research projects combining the strengths of Utrecht University research with the agendas of external stakeholders for the benefit of a sustainable future for all.
Are you involved in, or do you know of such a project, keep an eye on this page to know when to nominate this project. You can nominate your own project or that of a colleague. The laureate project will be announced at our annual conference (our next conference is in the fall of 2022). Besides the honour and recognition, this prize comes with €2500,- to further invest in the project or its follow-up.
In 2021, the projects KlimaatHelpdesk, Utrecht 2040 and Participatory Value Evaluation for Dutch Climate Policy were selected by the jury as the three best transdisciplinary research projects at Utrecht University.
Research projects that can be nominated should include at least one scholar from Utrecht University. The project should be running at the moment of submission, or have been running in the year 2021 or 2022. Furthermore, the winning project will meet the following criteria:
- Interdisciplinary in nature: the project engages researchers across multiple disciplines or has done so;
- Involving co-creation: the agenda and/or activities have been co-created with researchers and external stakeholder(s);
- Leading to societal impact: the project addresses a societal sustainability challenge resulting in a direct impact on society or has done so in 2021 or 2022.
A jury comprising among others (international) board members of Pathways to Sustainability will make a selection of the three best projects. During the week leading up to the award ceremony, these three projects will be highlighted via the Pathways to Sustainability online channels. The final winning project will be chosen from the three shortlisted projects by public vote at the Pathways to Sustainability conference.
To nominate a project for the Pathways to Sustainability Award please fill out the online nomination form, including the following:
- Name(s) and details of the contact person(s) - for future correspondence.
- List of other people involved in the project
- A short description (max. 300 words) of the project including;
- how the project engages researchers across multiple disciplines or has done so;
- how the agenda and/or activities have been co-created with researchers and external stakeholder(s);
- what societal sustainability challenges are addressed or have been addressed, how this has been done, and what the impact on society is.
- Relevant links to websites, videos, reports, images etc.