Sol Iustitiae Illustra Nos:
Sun of righteousness, shine upon us
(motto of Utrecht University)
The Utrecht University School of Law conducts top-ranking research in all important legal fields: private law, criminal law, constitutional and administrative law and international law. Our researchers collaborate intensively with foreign partners, especially in the field of European and comparative law. We are also involved in commissioned research and consultancy.
Our educational programme is based on academic research conducted within the faculty of Law, Economics and Governance. We train students as highly qualified, internationally-oriented lawyers on the basis of modern didactical principles.
The School of Law offers several English-language Master’s programmes. We have an extensive international student exchange programme. Furthermore our department offers training programmes for professionals.
Staff and departments of the School of Law
- Utrecht Centre for Accountability and Liability Law (UCALL)
- Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (RENFORCE)
- Utrecht Centre for European Research into Family Law (UCERF)
- Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL)
- Montaigne Centre for Rule of Law and Administration of Justice