The Utrecht University School of Law has several institutes, research institutes and centres. The institutes conduct research and supply education in a specific field of the legal discipline. The research institutes and centres focus specifically on research.
Please visit the pages of the (research) institutes and centres of the discipline you are interested in, to learn about their research and other activities.
Main educational departments
- Willem Pompe Institute for Criminal Law and Criminology
- International and European Law
- Institute for Jurisprudence, Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Molengraaff Instituut voor privaatrecht (information in Dutch)
- Utrecht Centre for Accountability and Liability Law (UCALL)
- Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (RENFORCE)
- Montaigne Centre for Rule of Law and Administration of Justice
- Utrecht Centre for European Research into Family Law (UCERF)
- Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL)