Scholarships and grants
Utrecht University, the Dutch Government and other organisations offer scholarships, fellowships and grants. A list of the scholarships most commonly awarded to international students studying in Utrecht is shown below.
Note that the scholarship options for programmes starting in February are limited.
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
- Bright Minds Fellowships
- NL Scholarship
- Utrecht Sylff Scholarships - for outstanding graduates from University College Utrecht and Economics and Business Economics (UU)
- Student grant and loan system
- Tuition fee loan
- Erasmus+ Master loans
- Fullbright / NAF
- Canadian student loans
- US Federal Loans
- UES - Law, Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarship
- Martijn Zwart Fund - for students with American or Canadian nationality who apply for a MA programme at the Department of Dutch Language and Culture
- SPANN Fund - for students without Dutch or Belgian nationality who have been admitted to the rMA in Dutch Literature and Culture