After you apply
After you’ve submitted your application, you will be able to track your progress in OSIRIS Online Application, as well as accept or decline any offers of admission.
Once we receive your application, International Student Admissions will first check your application file for completeness. If a document is missing or does not meet the required standards, we will let you know by email and you will be able to upload a new document in OSIRIS Online Application.
Once your application file is complete, we will evaluate your prior education credentials, then forward your file to the Admissions Committee of your chosen programme who will assess your eligibility.
You will receive an admissions decision directly from the Graduate School by email. If you applied for more than one programme, you will receive a separate decision for each.
If your Master’s application is successful you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the relevant Graduate School. Make sure to read this letter, the accompanying email and any other attachments thoroughly.
- If your offer is unconditional you are fully admitted and can officially enroll in the Master’s programme.
- If your offer is conditional you will be admitted after fulfilling certain requirements. These requirements and your deadline to fulfill them are stated in your letter of conditional acceptance. If you fulfill all conditions before the specified deadline, you will receive a letter of unconditional acceptance and you can officially enroll in the programme.
A letter of conditional acceptance may contain one or more of the following conditions:
- I have to send certified copies of my diploma and transcript. If your diploma certificates and transcripts are not in English, Dutch, French, German or Spanish, you also need to send a hard-copy translation made by a sworn translator.
- I have to send proof of my English proficiency
- I have to complete a course or pass a test
Accepting your offer
When you receive a letter of admission, you will also be asked to accept the offer of (conditional) admission. By accepting the offer, you can reserve your place in the Master’s programme. You can already accept the offer, even if you have yet to fulfill the conditions of admission.
We recommend that you accept the offer as soon as possible to make sure that you receive all relevant communication from us that will guide you through the process of enrolment.
Applying for a visa and/or residence permit
If you need to have a visa and/or residence permit in order to study in the Netherlands, our Visa Office will contact you directly after you accepted your offer. You will receive detailed information about how to submit your application, which documents you need to arrange, as well as payment instructions for the visa/residence permit and tuition fees.
After receiving an offer of admission, you will also start receiving more information about practical matters that need to be arranged before your arrival in Utrecht. This will include information about finding housing, paying your tuition fees, course registration, as well as the orientation programme.
You can already read briefly about many of these topics on our Information for International Students page.