Your PhD from start to finish
GSNS PhD Guide - coming soon
At the beginning of your PhD
- Choose and appoint a mentor
- Register to MyPhD - mandatory and important to do within your first 3 months
- Complete the Training and Supervision Agreement (TSA) together with your supervisory team and upload it to MyPhD. This is mandatory within the first 3 month of your PhD, see PhD education
- Sign up for the GSNS Intro course: Taking Charge of your PhD, see PhD education
- Know what is expected of you regarding PhD education & compulsory training during your PhD, see PhD education
- Know your rights and responsibilities
- Know where you can go for support during your PhD
During your PhD
- Complete the compulsory training in Responsible Conduct of Research & Teaching, see PhD education
- Follow training to develop your academic or transferrable skills, see PhD education
- Arrange your annual PhD progress meetings with your supervisory team
Please note: PhD candidates with an employee status can combine the annual PhD progress meeting with their assessment and development interview
- Your 1st annual PhD progress meeting can include the go/no-go decision.
- During your last annual PhD progress meeting – one year before the end of your PhD track – make a plan of completion together with your supervisors.
- Arrange for regular meetings with your mentor
- Know where to find support during your PhD
Finishing your PhD
- Make sure that your thesis manuscript is conform with doctoral thesis requirements and the GSNS thesis guidelines & hand it in to your supervisory team
- Once approved by your supervisors upload your thesis manuscript to MyPhD.
- Your supervisory team will appoint an Assessment Committee (to be approved by the Board for the Conferral of Doctoral Degrees) and send them your manuscript through MyPhD.
- Once your Assessment Committee has been approved, contact the Beadle’s Office to set a preliminary date for your PhD defence.
- When your doctoral thesis has been approved by the Assessment Committee, the preliminary date of your defence will be changed to a definite date.
- Know the arrangements to be made for your PhD defence ceremony. Including deadlines.
- Optional: Request a GSNS PhD Training Certificate, see PhD education
- Defend your doctoral thesis. Congratulations!
- Know your options for after your PhD – contact career services
Need a proof of enrolment?
- An official proof of enrolment (for visa etc.) can be requested through email to email@example.com