- Why are some countries rich and other poor?
- What are the benefits of the euro as the principal currency in Europe?
- How can we make health care affordable?
- Why do people start their own company?
- How can subsidies and taxes help reduce pollution?
If you choose to study Economics and Business Economics in Utrecht, you choose a broad-based view on economic issues: the real-world perspective. What are the needs and objectives of people and organisations in our complex society? What choices do they make in order to fulfil their needs and achieve their objectives? To find the right answers to these questions we analyse economic issues with the insights of other fields such as Geography, Law, Social Sciences and Data Science.
International learning environment
Your insights will be enriched by the international learning environment offered by the Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.). Students come from more than 50 different countries. The programme crosses multiple borders: language borders, geographical borders and the borders of other disciplines.
- Mode of study:
- Language of instruction:
- 3 years
- Tuition fee:
- Dutch and other EU/EEA students (statutory fee 2020-2021, full-time): € 2,143
- Institutional fee 2020-2021: € 8,984 (EU/EEA), € 10,288 (non-EU/EEA)
- Offered by:
- Law, Economics and Governance
- Degree: This Bachelor's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- BSc (Bachelor of Science)
- Croho code: