ADAPT Academy core team
In the ADAPT Academy, researchers from Utrecht University, Leiden University. Radboud University, Tilburg University and the University of Twente are working together to gather more knowledge and expertise on the adaptive capacity of societies in times of crisis.
As a Distinguished Professor at Utrecht University, De Graaf has established herself as a leading worldwide authority on two research tracks: the contemporary study of conflict and terrorism, and historical security research.
Kees van den Bos is Professor of Social Psychology and Professor of Empirical Legal Science at Utrecht University. Van den Bos’s unique contribution lies in the integration of the social psychology of conflict with the empirical study of law. His focus is unravelling the complex dynamics and operative mechanisms involved in social conflict, civic and institutional (dis)trust, and radicalisation, extremism and terrorism.
Professor of Public Administration at Utrecht University and Associate Dean of the Netherlands School of Public Administration (NSOB) in The Hague. ‘t Hart is a pioneer in governmental crisis leadership and emergency management research.
Prof. Dr. Arjen Boin (Leiden University)
Arjen Boin Professor of Public Institutions and Governance at Leiden University’s Department of Political Science. Boin is also managing partner of Crisisplan, an international crisis management consultancy. Through his work at Crisisplan, Boin has the unique opportunity to apply his academic knowledge to concrete cases of international crisis management.
Prof. Dr. Lotte Jensen (Radboud University)
Lotte Jensen is Professor of Dutch Culture and Literature at the Faculty of Arts at Radboud University Nijmegen. As a philosopher and expert on Dutch culture, Jensen focuses on subjects such as disasters, national identity formation and historical literature. She is the director of 'Dealing with Disasters, a research group which studies cultural responses to disasters in the Netherlands.
Prof. Dr. Ellen Giebels (University of Twente)
Ellen Giebels is Professor of Psychology of Conflict and Security at the University of Twente, where she focuses on human reactions and social interactions in risky situations. In 2015, Giebels was part of the research team that officially evaluated the functioning of the Dutch government after the MH17 disaster.
Dr. Scott Douglas, Associate Professor of Public Management (Utrecht University)
Prof. Dr. Paul van Lange, Professor of Social Psychology (VU University Amsterdam)
- Prof. Dr. Roland Bal, Professor of Health Care Policy (Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Prof. Judith van Erp, Professor of Regulatory Governance (Utrecht University)
- Dr Sanneke Kuipers, Associate Professor at the Institute of Security and Global Affairs (Leiden University)
- Dr. Heleen Mees, Senior Lecturer in Climate Change and Climate Adaptation (Utrecht University)
- Dr. Miriam Oostinga, Senior Lecturer in Psychology of Security, Police-Civilian Interactions and Communication Error Management (University of Twente)
- Dr. James Patterson is Associate Professor of Institutional Dynamics in Sustainability at Utrecht University)
- Prof. Stavros Zouridis, Professor of Public Administration (Tilburg University).