During EUCEN 2023 we would like to focus on collaboration and connection. How do we jointly expose the need for expertise and intelligible learning and development questions? How can we meet that need through University Continuing Education? What does that mean for our current portfolio? How can we cooperatively develop new knowledge and insights? What connections should we develop or strengthen? How can we organise cooperation and create participation and learning networks? And how do we organize business processes to facilitate University Continuing Education from the core of a university?
Several interesting speakers will contribute to this theme, including:
- Joost Korte, Director-General European Commission dep. Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Hester Bijl, Rector Magnificus of Leiden University and member of the steering committee of the National Lifelong Learning Katalysator
- Marian Thunissen, Leading Lecturer Knowledge Centre Lifelong Learning at Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Joop Schippers, Professor of Labour Economics
- Henk Kummeling, Rector Magnificus of Utrecht University
- Wieger Bakker, Dean Lifelong Learning at Utrecht University
We are looking forward to welcoming you at Utrecht University for EUCEN 2023 from Wednesday 31 May to Friday 2 June 2023! This conference will take place at University Hall. Please click on the tabs below to find out more about the day to day programme. Please note, different to other years, the conference will start on Wednesday morning May 31st at 9.30h.
We are eager to share some of the highlights of our beloved city with you! We have organised an additional social programme during the days of the conference, so you can mix and mingle with the other conference participants.
On Wednesday evening, you can join us for a guided city walk through the historic city centre of Utrecht. Did you know that Utrecht dates back to the Roman period, and that you can still discover remnants from that time? Our guide will point out all the fascinating historic features the city boasts, and share the stories that go with it. To close off the conference and to stick with EUCEN tradition, we have also organised a canal boat tour. Take our word for it: the canal houses, historic dwellings and city castles are most spectacular from this viewpoint! You definitely don’t want to miss this! These two activities are included in the conference fee.