Hojjat Salimi Turkamani is assistant professor of public International Law at Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University (Iran), since January 2013. He teaches International Environmental Law, energy law and the Law of International Organizations, and his research fields of interest are international energy law, especially oil and gas law and sustainability law.
He obtained his LLM (2005 – 2008) and Ph.D (2008 -2012) in public international law from Allameh Tabataba’i University (ATU) Tehran (Iran). His PhD thesis under the title “Status of principle of sustainable development in international energy law “was supervised by Prof. Dr. Seyyed Gasem Zamani from the same university. In order to complete his thesis, he attended The Amsterdam center of Environmental law and sustainability (ACELS), university of Amsterdam (UVA) from 1 March to 1 August 2012, under adviser Prof. Dr. Marc Pallemaerts.
His recent research in energy law focused on legal frameworks of international pipelines which he as a visiting researcher completed it during his research stay at UCWOSL from 22 July to 22 august 2015.The main purpose of this research was to clarify the gaps of existing legal framework of cross-border pipelines and to search solutions to fill them.
Some his publications are:
- Hojjat Salimi Turkamani, International Energy Law, the SD Institute of Law Research and Study, Tehran (Iran), 2015.
- Hojjat Salimi Turkamani, The study of environmental degradation of Uremia Lake from environmental international law point of view, the center of strategic research, Rahbord journal , vol.11, 2009
- Hojjat Salimi Turkamani, Fragmentation of international law and its effect on international law system, international law review, center for international legal affairs, vol.42, 2010.
- Hojjat Salimi Turkamani, International sustainable development law: from lex franda to lex lata, Journal Encyclopedia of Economic Rights, No.2, Vol.19, 2012.
- Hojjat Salimi Turkamani, the concept of Sustainable development in the context of international energy law, International Law Review, vol.49, fall-winter, 2013.
Please find a report of Salimi Turkamani’s stay at UCWOSL.