Marleen van Rijswick was among the creators of the Ten building blocks water governance assessment. This assessment is used by researchers and by students from our course Water Governance and Law. Below we offer a selection of interesting examples.
‘Ten building blocks for sustainable water governance: an integrated method to assess the governance of water’, Water International 2014, Marleen van Rijswick, Jurian Edelenbos, Petra Hellegers, Matthijs Kok & Stefan Kuks,volume 39, issue 5, p. 725-742.
Examples of assessments:
- Assessing freshwater supply for agricultural purposes in the Schelde Delta
- The Energy Factory
- Toronto's Green Roof Bylaw
- Assessment of the Multilayered Safety Approach in Dordrecht
- Assessment of a watersystem – Freshwater supply for agriculture on Zuid-Beveland
- Flexible Water Levels in the Loosdrecht Lakes – Good Practice or a Waste of Time?
- Marker Wadden - Creating an innovative Dutch showcase in the blue heart of the Netherlands
- Water Governance Assessment of the Flood Protection Policy in Dordrecht
- Assessment of Water Management and Governance: the Rijnstrangen Case
- Green roofs in Amsterdam: a policy assessment
- Take a bio-shower - Assessing the governance of soil and water management in the Utrecht Central station project
- Lessons Learnt from Coastal Reinforcement Noordwijk aan Zee
- Analyse van het Kierbesluit
- Case Noordwijk
- Resultaten assessment governance capacity Waterveiligheid Maastak Deltaprogramma
- Governance analysis case Noordwijk: ‘weak links’ along the coast
- China’s Yellow River water management
- Eco friendly riverbanks: a policy assessment
- Water Governance Assessment of the Green Roof Policy in Rotterdam
- Restoring the Colorado River Delta. International and National cooperative measures in the Colorado River Basin
- The Waste Energy Factory
- Assessing the Governance Capacity of Water Management Arrangements. The case of the ‘bypass Kampen’ Project in the Netherlands
- The Murray-Darling River Basin
- The Nile Basin Initiative. An initiative which helps Ethiopia to get access to Nile water resources?
For more assessments, see the website of the Water Governance Centre.