Towards Safe, Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Landscapes
Governmental institutions must change and collaborate with bottom-up institutions in new ways in order to achieve fairness and social justice, facing complex global challenges, such as climate change-related transformations that lead to shifts in people’s mobility, relationship between human and non-human species, and access, use and control of natural resources.
The overall aim is to envision institutions for environmentally sustainable and socially just transitions vis-a-vis climate change and related societal transformations. By facilitating an interdisciplinary dialogue, we propose to explore the question:
How do institutions need to change in order to guarantee safe, inclusive and climate-resilient landscapes and social-ecological environments across the globe?
The Institutions for Open Societies (IOS) Fair Transitions Platform seeks to engage scholars from the Humanities, Geosciences, Law, and Governance, as well as all those engaged in issues of sustainability.
As part of our activities, we organize a lecture series on Fair Transitions, an annual conference and summer school, and we share information through our Newsletter.
Please sign up for the newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest.
This year, our first main activity is the conference, a joint effort between IOS Fair Transitions and LANDac, that takes place on 28-29-30 June in Utrecht. The conference aims to bring together the professional fields associated with fair transitions and land governance in the context of climate change. If you want to sign up to participate in the conference, submit your call for sessions or if you have questions about the conference, please send an email to email@example.com. We look forward to your participation/contribution.
Want to learn more about who we are? Visit our board members' profile pages below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant ProfessorGeosciences - Human Geography and Spatial Planning - International Development StudiesGeosciences - Human Geography and Spatial Planning - International Development Studies
- Email: email@example.comHumanities - Institute for Cultural Inquiry - Media and Performance StudiesAssociate ProfessorHumanities - Department of Media and Culture Studies - Media and Performance Studies
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgJunior Assistant ProfessorGeosciences - Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development - Environmental Governance - Environmental Governance
- Email: email@example.comAssistant ProfessorGeosciences - Human Geography and Spatial Planning - International Development Studies
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant ProfessorLaw, Economics and Governance - Utrecht University School of Law - International and European LawLaw, Economics and Governance - Utrecht University School of Law - International and European Law