FLOODLABEL: A smart tool for governance towards flood-resilient cities
The FLOODLABEL project aims to design, test and implement a smart governance tool—the FLOODLABEL—in urban living labs. This prototype tool serves to inform homeowners about their individual flood risks and to support the planning and decision-making of experts and local governments to achieve more flood-resilient cities.
Save the date!
You are invited to join the final event of the FLOODLABEL project, to be held at Utrecht Science Park on Tuesday January 28, 2020. More information and the registration form can be found here.
Floods are one of the most significant hazards in Europe. Extreme inundations threaten urban living in cities. To protect cities from flooding and other types of inundations, traditional government-led flood protection needs to be complemented by homeowners’ adaptation. Now, especially homeowners lack risk awareness, and knowledge of measures and triggers to take action.
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 030 253 7336
And dr. Thomas Hartmann.
The project consortium consists of Utrecht University, Ghent University, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Nelen & Schuurmans, Flanders Environment Agency and the HochwasserKompetenzCentrum. It is funded by JPI Urban Europe.
- Brockhoff, Romy C., Koop, S.H.A. & Snel, K.A.W. (19.07.2019). Pluvial Flooding in Utrecht - On Its Way to a Flood-Proof City . Water (Switzerland), 11 (7), (pp. 1501) (17 p.) https://dspace.library.uu.nl/handle/1874/382691
- Snel, K.A.W., Witte, P.A., Hartmann, T. & Geertman, S.C.M. (2019). More than a one-size-fits-all approach - Tailoring flood risk communication to plural residents' perspectives. Water International (accepted for publication)
- Kleinhans, M., Jong, S. de, Ruessink, G., Middelkoop, H., Sluijs, A., Witte, P., Kasper Gillissen, H. & M. van Rijswick (2018), Hogere dijken beschermen ons niet tegen het water. NRC Handelsblad, 6 december 2018, Opinie, pp. 18-19
- Witte, P. (2017), Energielabel voor overstromingsrisico's. Alumni nieuwsbrief 01 2017, p. 10. Faculteit Geowetenschappen, Alumni Sociale Geografie & Planologie
More information on the project and can be found at floodlabel.com and the JPI website, or contact the project consortium via Dr Patrick Witte.