Watch our Webinar 'MSc in Mathematical Sciences'!
Explore the intersection of fundamental and applied research
In our Master’s programme in Mathematical Sciences, you’ll engage in the core activities of mathematics while discovering new patterns and relationships and learning to construct models with predictive power. You’ll also study the science of structures within the different branches of the physical sciences. Our institute of Mathematical Sciences offers you a versatile, internationalised learning environment at the intersection of fundamental and applied research
Personalizing your Master's
You can tailor your programme by selecting one of the following seven tracks:
- Algebraic Geometry and Number Theory
- Applied Analysis
- Complex Systems
- Differential Geometry and Topology
- Probability, Statistics, and Stochastic Modelling
- Pure Analysis
- Scientific Computing
You can also choose to do a Research project in History of Mathematics. Choosing a track will allow you to pursue your Master's degree through either a theoretical or more applied focus.
You have the opportunity to combine the Mathematical Sciences Master's programme with other Master's programmes within the Graduate School of Natural Sciences, such as Theoretical Physics. If you have an interest in geometry and plan to do a PhD in this field, you can apply for the selective honours programma of the Utrecht Geometry Centre.
Our Mathematical Sciences MSc degree programme will prepare you for a challenging career in academic research or as a professional mathematician.
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Master's degree in: Mathematische Wetenschappen
- Programme: Mathematical Sciences
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Croho code:
- Language of instruction:
- Part- or full-time status:
- 2 years
- Credits: 60 credits equals one year full-time study load (European Credit Transfer System, ECTS)
- Start of studies:
- Tuition fees:
- Graduate school:
- Natural Sciences