Today, the majority of firms operate internationally. Some firms only do some regional exporting, others have extensive sales operations in foreign markets and source their inputs from all over the world. Managing complex international operations well is a core competitive advantage for organisations today. Not only in terms of sales and profits, but also in doing it sustainable and ethical with sensitivity and respect for cultural differences.
Interested in driving successful operations in an international context? The Master’s programme in International Management at Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is a highly international, multidisciplinary management programme that pays attention not just to business issues, but to corporate social responsibility, ethics and human behaviour as well. Founded firmly in economics and international financial management, this specialised MSc is designed for a new generation of managers who understand that the real ‘story behind the numbers’ includes well being for all stakeholders.
The MSc in International Management puts the management of international organisations in the spotlight, covering various key elements of global decision-making. Core to this Master is the management of international operations including entry strategies in foreign markets, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and cross-cultural leadership. Further, senior executives’ main role is to create new opportunities and maximise the impact of firms in society, so there is a strong emphasis in this Master’s programme on global innovation strategies, entrepreneurship, and corporate social responsibility.
The MSc in International Management trains you to work in a global corporate environment dealing with issues such as global marketing and finance, supply chain management, cross cultural management, and foreign market entry strategies. The Master’s programme offers occasional contact with business leaders and places academic economic research in the context of managerial decision-making in international firms. Master classes and practical projects with a focus on business analysis and consulting offers you the opportunity to strengthen your professional skills needed for a career in an international setting. As a graduate, you will be well prepared for a range of different (international) career opportunities in consulting, business strategy and development, corporate venture management and start-ups.
This Master’s programme is designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a professional career in international management. You will actively participate in major research projects, conduct your own research, present your results, and write short essays and a Master’s thesis. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- put academic knowledge and skills into practice;
- conduct independent research which contributes to the field of economics and business;
- solve problems independently and in a team, while taking social factors into consideration;
- demonstrate mastery of subject-specific English terminology;
- manage your own personal and professional development.
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Master's degree in: International Economics and Business
- Programme: International Management
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Croho code:
- Language of instruction:
- Part- or full-time status:
- 1 year
- Credits: 60 credits equals one year full-time study load (European Credit Transfer System, ECTS)
- Start of studies:
- Tuition fees:
- Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate school:
- Law, Economics and Governance