On Monday 12 March at 15.00 (GMT +1), we will organise a live webinar about the Master’s programme International Management. >> Read more
Today, the majority of firms operate internationally, whether that entails limited regional exporting or extensive sales or supply chain operations in foreign markets. Is the ability to manage complex international operations, while focusing on the well-being of all stakeholders, core to your ambitions and interests? Then the Master’s programme in International Management at Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is for you.
Based on Utrecht University’s research expertise, this multidisciplinary Master’s gives you a deep theoretical understanding of the complex interactions at play in international business. While this programme is very practically oriented it teaches you to draw on a firm basis in the theory of economics and business in order to deliver excellent results for an organisation.
Content of the programme
In the Master International Management you will focus on:
- Effective and ethical management in a complex international environment;
- The interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets and financial institutions in an international business context;
- Corporate social responsibility, ethics and human behaviour, and intercultural sensitivity as key to international management;
- The role culture and incentives play in the behaviour of individuals, firms and governments;
- Developing the ability to flexibly adjust to, and effectively operate in, any new international working environment in many different fields and organisations.
Read more about the study programme.
The MSc in International Management provides you with:
- the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a professional career in international management;
- broad training in international managerial economics;
- deep understanding of the interaction between the economic environment, economic policy, financial markets and financial institutions from an international business perspective;
- a clear understanding of the role culture and incentives play in the behaviour of individuals, firms and governments;
- excellent analytical, social and communication skills;
- a sustainable vision of management in which all stakeholders’ needs are recognised and taken into account;
- a qualification that is highly sought-after in today’s globalised world of business and management.
Upon completion of the MSc in International Management you are thoroughly prepared to work in a global corporate environment in which you manage such complex issues as global marketing and finance, supply chain management, cross cultural management, and foreign market entry strategies. Your academic-level economic research skills, experience in business analysis and consulting skills strengthen your profile further. Upon graduation you will be well prepared for a range of different (international) career opportunities in consulting, business strategy and development, corporate venture management and start-ups. Read more about possible career prospects.
- Degree: This Master's programme is officially registered under its name in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes
- Title: MSc
- Master's degree in: International Economics and Business
- Programme: International Management
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Croho code:
- Language of instruction:
- Part- or full-time status:
- 1 year
- Credits: 60 credits equals one year full-time study load (European Credit Transfer System, ECTS)
- Start of studies:
- When to apply:
- Tuition fees:
- Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate school:
- Law, Economics and Governance