Understanding the real story behind the numbers
Today, many firms operate internationally, whether that entails limited regional exporting or extensive sales or supply chain operations in foreign markets. Is the ability to navigate international market opportunities and manage complex cross-border operations, core to your ambitions and interests? Then the Master’s programme in International Management at Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is for you.
The real-world perspective
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) aims to contribute to an economy where people flourish. We enrich economics with other disciplines to better solve problems and identify opportunities, from a business and a government point of view. Scientifically rigorous and societally relevant. The real world perspective.
Based on Utrecht University’s research expertise, this multidisciplinary Master's programme gives you a deep theoretical understanding of the complex interactions at play in international business. While this programme is practically oriented it teaches you to systematically draw ideas from international economics and business theories and apply them in several contexts to deliver excellent results for an organisation.
In modern society, nearly all business is international to some degree. Therefore, a strong foundation in understanding the unique complexities coming forth out of cross-border activities is vital
Content of the programme
In the Master's programme in International Management you will focus on:
- effective and ethical management and leadership in a complex international environment;
- the interaction between economic policy, financial markets and institutions in an international business context;
- strategy, corporate social responsibility, ethics and human behaviour, as key aspects of international management;
- the role culture and incentives play in the behaviour of managers, firms and governments in cross-border interactions;
- developing the ability to effectively adapt and operate in any international working environment in many different fields and organisations.
The Master's programme in International Management provides you with:
- the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for a professional career in international management;
- a broad training in international economics and management;
- a deep understanding of the interaction between policy actions and firm decisions from an international business perspective;
- a clear understanding of the role institutions, culture and incentives play in the behaviour of economic agents and policy makers;
- excellent analytical, social and communication skills;
- a sustainable vision of management and leadership in which all stakeholders’ needs are recognised and taken into account;
- a qualification that is highly sought-after in today’s globalised world of business and management.
Upon completion of the Master's programme in International Management you will be thoroughly prepared to work in a global corporate environment in which you manage complex problems such as global marketing and finance, global value chain management, cross cultural management, and foreign market entry strategies.
- International Economics and Business
- Language of instruction:
- Mode of study:
- Study duration:
- 1 year
- Tuition fees:
- Dutch and other EU/EEA students (statutory fee, full-time) 2024-2025: € 2,530
Non-EU/EEA students (institutional fee) 2024-2025: € 20,043
More information about fees
- Croho code:
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Law, Economics and Governance